Hello all from Nova Scotia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dieseljunkie

Original poster
Apr 14, 2007
Kentville, Nova Scotia
Another greenhorn to the world of smoking.

I hail from the eastern shores of Canada.Have always loved anything smoked, being raised on smoked fish of all kinds but until now never tried smoking for myself.

Just purchased a Centro Electric smoker this week, wasn't sure I would be able to devote the time required for a wood smoker so I thought these would be the way to start out.

While surfing the web for ideas and recipes I happened upon this site."Hats Off" to the creator.The smoker manufactures should be paying you royalities for the aid and incouragment available to folks in the smoking community.I was both amazed and impressed with the input and helpfullness of all the members of the site.

Christined the smoker for the firsrt time today(Sat).Did 4 full racks of pork ribs.Created my own dry rub spice mixture after viewing numerous online recipes, would classify it as a Cajun mixture.Was looking for a smokey flavor with a little kick of the south.
Success, can't believe how well they turned out!
Even gained some points with the wife, thinks I'm a guiness.

I now realize that the actual smoking time is the best part.Although not the best of weather yet here on the east coast, I spent the afternoon kicked back with some jerky and a bottle of Jack Daniels taking in the aroma of true smoked ribs coming to life.

Can't wait to experiment with other meats and poultry.Nothing is safe anymore.

Keep up the great work guys!!!

Mike

Welcome DieselJunkie, glad you found us.
icon_biggrin.gif

That Centro smoker must have had a heck of an advertising budget cause all you Canadians seem to be buying them
icon_wink.gif

Welcome Diesel, SMF and our family of smoke junkies appreciate you joining us. We always enjoy pics.

Bud the scotsman -

Welcome Mike -

Glad you found us! Sounds like yu has a great day inspite of the strange weather we're experiencing. Nothing like fresh smoked food eh? Brings a new meaning back in preparing food for the family.

If you have any questions ask away - we're here when you need us! Congrats on the great first smoke AND making points with the wife!

Even gained some points with the wife, thinks I'm a guiness.

My wife thinks I'm a Bud Light. Welcome! Spent some time in Newfoundland, interesting.

Mike, keywesmoke quotes a perfect segue to what i wanted to say: have spent many a beautiful moment on the Gander river fly fishing for North Atlantic Salmon. You live in a most wonderful part of the world.

And, keywesmoke I had the same notion about guiness versus genious. We are the worst spellers in the world.

welcome to SMF from a fellow cannuck

i believe everybody got their Centro's from Canadian Tire... They are the ones with a big budget for advertising...

they also give away these things called canadian tire bucks...everytime you purchase gas or items from the store they give you store money that you can spend at the store...

Canadian_tire_money.png

also the choices of smokers in canada is very limited.. big/lil chief... brinkman verticle if you order one special, bradley(which is like $400), and various bullet charcoal smokers....a ECB knockoff still runs about $80

the centro was on sale for $179.99 down from 249.99

Welcome to SMF deiseljunkie,, anything that makes points with the better half has to be a good thing , right, anyways there is a lot of information in here and a lot of experience and for sure a pile of people who are willing to help.

Glad you found the site. It is a great site because of all the help the people give. They have held my hand many times, taught me right from wrong, and was willing to come to my place and help(cause I had beer
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif
)

Any questions, just ask, they always have an answer.

Good luck to the many smokes ahead.

Welcome Diesel Junkie! You'll like it here. There are some real good folks here that bend over backwards to help you smoke like a pro.Check in often Like I do and you'll be surprized what you can learn.

Paul

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky