Hello all, excited to join this community!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Flip it

Original poster
May 27, 2020
Hello everyone, I'm very happy to have found this community.

Ever since I was a kid I've been passionate about grilling. Any time my parents would announce "we're making a barbecue" was a huge feeling of joy and excitement and I would be standing right next to the fire from the time my dad would build and light the fire 'til dinner time. Later as a teen my friends and I would go in the woods, gather some stones, put them in a circle, gather some wood, make a huge fire and grill whatever meats we'd found at the local market. Just telling this story brings back the woodfire smell to my memory, which would linger on my clothes until I went home...

I'm hoping I can get some help on the best way to build my ultimate backyard grilling station, so I'll later post some questions in the forum about that, but just wanted to say hi first. ;)

Welcome! You’ve come to the right place if you have an enthusiasm for grilling and smoking....or just a love of food in general.

Wow thanks all for the warm welcome! :D Two from the Ozarks.... it's funny, to me the Ozarks is .. a TV show! I'd never heard of that name before that show. Looks like a great place.

I forgot to mention that I'm in the French Alps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky