Heat Deflector - Difference between Ceramic and Cast Iron? -

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wclark30

Original poster
Aug 7, 2016
Hello there,

I am restoring a vision kamado pro series smoker.  I am trying to find the best option for a heat deflector.

What is the difference between cast iron and ceramic?  

If ceramic, is there a more affordable option or better option for a ceramic deflector?  

Also, does anyone know what size I would need? I am a little confused on what to measure.

Wow that is a much much cheaper option!  I am still looking to find what the difference is between ceramic and cast iron though, if you or anyone has any information :)

Not sure what the difference is but I was using a ceramic pizza stone for a diffuser and after some cooks it cracked. The cast iron has been going strong. I wrap it with tin foil to keep it clean.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky