Heads Up ~ Letter Carriers Food Drive is Tomorrow (Saturday, May 11th)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
This is a nation wide food drive. You put a bag of food (no glass) next to your mailbox. This link has all the details...

Please take your donations directly to your post office.
My mail carrier is challenged to forward my mail for my winters in Florida.

Please take your donations directly to your post office.
My mail carrier is challenged to forward my mail for my winters in Florida.
That would be the job of the post office to forward your mail, not your mail carrier. Imagine a government entity messing something up! Was a substitute mail carrier for a few years , not hard to drive from the passenger seat, but training left foot to run accelerator and brakes took a bit!
Thanks for the heads up on this, it's a good cause!

Ryan

Reactions: thirdeye
That would be the job of the post office to forward your mail, not your mail carrier. Imagine a government entity messing something up! Was a substitute mail carrier for a few years , not hard to drive from the passenger seat, but training left foot to run accelerator and brakes took a bit!
Thanks for the heads up on this, it's a good cause!

Ryan
Here the carrier does the sorting of delivered, hold, or forwarded. Been really bad service since Kim (our carrier for 20 years) retired and the "lean consultants" have turned them into paranoid time based idiots. Quality has really dropped instead of intended result of going lean.
Put our mail from forward to hold about 2 weeks before migrating north.
Picked up the hold mail and second piece I find is for someone else.

As did I, though for the first time ever, it didn’t get picked up.
Thus my recommendation to take it to your local office directly.
Carriers are so overwhelmed by the copious amounts of mail order they often don't have room for well intended but nuisance baggage.

Reactions: chopsaw
Here the carrier does the sorting of delivered, hold, or forwarded. Been really bad service since Kim (our carrier for 20 years) retired and the "lean consultants" have turned them into paranoid time based idiots. Quality has really dropped instead of intended result of going lean.
Put our mail from forward to hold about 2 weeks before migrating north.
Picked up the hold mail and second piece I find is for someone else.
Same here . It's a battle to get something with my address . What gets worse is some stuff from Amazon goes through the post office . Goes to the wrong house , and maybe they just keep it .

Asked my neighbor if he had been getting my mail .
Yes
OK , where is it ?
Olivia threw it away .
Really ?

I signed up and get an email everyday of what should be coming for that day . It never matches .
I donate to a food bank when I buy groceries . They have a barcode you scan for $10 to $40 dollars . Feeds a family of 4 for so many days .

Same here . It's a battle to get something with my address . What gets worse is some stuff from Amazon goes through the post office . Goes to the wrong house , and maybe they just keep it .

Asked my neighbor if he had been getting my mail .
Yes
OK , where is it ?
Olivia threw it away .
Really ?

I signed up and get an email everyday of what should be coming for that day . It never matches .
I donate to a food bank when I buy groceries . They have a barcode you scan for $10 to $40 dollars . Feeds a family of 4 for so many days .
Your neighbors must be young? They have the worst give a shit attitude.
Down south we live in a 300 unit 55+ apartment building. Had a few misses by the Post Office, but no worries as the wrong deliverers drop it at our door. The Fed Ex, Amazon, and UPS are there multiple times a day. My wife had a Fed Ex delivery sent to a wrong unit. It got dropped at the leasing office a month later with the note "opened accidentally". I guess they didn't want the yarn my wife ordered. Yeah old people aren't honest either.

I got a return to sender for insufficient postage. :emoji_wink:

Chris

They picked up our sack full of dry & canned goods on Saturday. We donate every year.

Don't get me started on USPS. I've never seen worse service from USPS in my life as we have seen from folks working out of this post office. Absolutely one of the worst. Wrong mail all the time. Usually it's just local but I had something that was address to someone who lives about 80 miles North of here just last week. Their system has been broken for a while.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky