Heads Up - Annual Letter Carriers Food Drive is Saturday, May 13th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 1, 2019
The Cowboy State - Wyoming
If you are so inclined, tomorrow's food drive is the easiest food drive to participate in because all you do is leave a bag of non-perishable food near your mailbox and your Letter Carrier will collect it. And.... considering that 75% of Americans own a grill, smoker or other outdoor cooking device, a bottle of rub, sauce, marinade, ketchup or mustard sill surely be appreciated. But, it's the thought that counts, and your donations go to a local food bank.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Is it the 6th or the 13th your saying 6th picture says 13th

Thanks Wayne. First I heard of it.
I used to get a plastic bag in the mailbox the week before, then they changed to a postcard sized flyer. This year I saw some posters in the neighborhood. I think the postcard was the best advertising.
dKs8SSL.jpg

Reactions: JLeonard
What the chunk? this is the first I’ve heard of this. Nothing in the box or around it. Typical govt crap I guess. I think I have something I can come up with.

First of it I've heard. One would think that it would be on the news and etc.
thirdeye thirdeye ..is that pic from this morning? With all that white stuff hanging around?!?!?

Jim

We get email every day telling us what mail will be delivered that day.
Had a notice in it about the food drive.
Said pickup would be 2nd Saturday in May.

First of it I've heard. One would think that it would be on the news and etc.
thirdeye thirdeye ..is that pic from this morning? With all that white stuff hanging around?!?!?

Jim
That photo is from about 15 years ago, our weather in May is always unpredictable, and this year is no exception. The last three days have been a slow drizzle with temps in the 40°'s, and I fertilized the lawns on the first day. On the downside, the rain is melting the snow on the mountain and those creeks will likely cause some flooding.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky