Have some dried habaneros to share...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hambone1950

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jul 23, 2012
Metrowest Boston , ma.
If anyone is interested in trying some dried Habanero peppers in their BBQ , I have a mason jar full of dried Habaneros that I grew and dried at home. I also have a mason jar full of homemade Habanero Death Dust which consists of crushed whole dried Habaneros (seeds and all) which is SO hot that I'll never be able to use it all in two lifetimes. If anyone is interested in having any of either (or some of both) of these pepper items , just shoot me a PM on the forum and I will happily mail you some.
The whole peppers are easily reconstituted and the crushed stuff is so potent that literally a pinch as small as your little fingernail can heat up a whole crockpot of chili.....I'm not lyin'.
Regards
Hambone

What's your best method for drying your peppers? I grow Jamaican brown habs and usually my one plant produces about 60 peppers at a time. Can't keep up with making sauce or eating them raw on eggs or rice, etc.  You can email me here or use my other email: [email protected] as I'm not always on SMF.  Thanks.

LOL - yeah I made a big jar of smoked dried cayenne peppers a few years back and am still working on them! I can't imagine how much worse those habs are!

I have some habenaro dust I made a while back. Let some butter come to room temp and mix a little bit in it. Then freeze. Slice off a bit and it makes a nice compound butter for a hot grilled steak.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky