Has anyone adapted a Texas Trio grill with a pellet smoker box?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bob Jehle

Original poster
Sep 16, 2020
Has anyone adapted a Texas trio or similar wood smoker to a pellet grill smoke box?

Good question.
Why do you want to adapt a unit instead of just getting a pellet grill (pooper).
I got a Masterbuilt pooper for under $200 and i like it.
It is not a replacement for the crap offset charcoal and wood burner unit I kicked to the curb this spring.

My Brother and Sister in law have this majestic grill. I have the 32 inch barrel charcoal grill. Char Griller is a good brand for grills. They are really stout. The charcoal pan the wire rack has the nice thick heavy duty wire. 18 guage steel ash catcher under the charcoal wire rack. The barrel I think it is 20 guage steel. The cast iron grill grates are thick and heavy. It's a pretty nice grill. I also have a 46 or 48 inch Kingsford barrel grill. It is no where near as hefty as the Char Griller.

My Brother and Sister in law have this majestic grill. I have the 32 inch barrel charcoal grill. Char Griller is a good brand for grills. They are really stout. The charcoal pan the wire rack has the nice thick heavy duty wire. 18 guage steel ash catcher under the charcoal wire rack. The barrel I think it is 20 guage steel.
192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 jpg to pdf

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky