• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Happy to be here.

smokebuddy67

Joined Nov 13, 2016
Thanks smokinal. I am from saskatchewan, Canada. Am an avid sportsman and have a lot of wild game and fish annually. My brother has a homemade propane smoker that we used to use to do sausage,bacon,ham etc. Recently I found a homemade propane smoker on the net for sale and ended up buying. The old guy that built it did an amazing job, though could use some tweaking I think. It is 3ftwx3ftDx5ftH.He used an old gas furnace valve with a single burner and pilot light. For temp control he used a line thermostat that goes from 90-225F.though I think it will run lower temp.
I have read some of the posts on here and find a lot of the ideas and knowledge very interesting and useful.I am planning on smoking a lot with it and excited to try new ideas. I consider myself a novice smoker and am looking forward to the expert advise/opinions the members on here have. Thanks.

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Welcome to SMF!  That looks like a great smoker!

Mike

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to the forum!

Glad to have you with us!

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.