Happy Thanksgiving to All & Hello!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

res18cue

Original poster
Nov 24, 2013
Winchester, VA
Just wanted to say: "Happy Thanksgiving to All & Hello!" form a new member.

I live in the Northern Shenandoah Valley area of Virginia, so it's not a morning to sit by the smoker with a cold beer...but it was an absolutely stunning sunrise over a hot cup of coffee!

Found this sight a week or two ago looking for info on how to smoke successfully.  I have been amazed at how much great information there is here, on so many different elements of smoking.  From the types of smokers, to meats, to woods, to brines, to rubs...and I feel I've only scratched the surface.  You've been a great help so far with both a brisket and the turkey that's getting ready for dinner right now!

Although relatively new to smoking, I have two smokers I've acquired since this spring.  One is an offset charcoal/wood barrel grill that I love to grill on and smoke with in the summer (read: cold beer time!), the second is a MES 30" electric that I just got two weeks ago (read: not cold beer time!).  So far I've enjoyed the benefits of both at various times.

So to all: Hi, thanks for a great site, great attitudes, and I hope each and every one of you has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Res18cuE

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........  
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

GARY in EAST TEXAS

Welcome to the forums!  Glad you joined our group.  You'll find these forums are a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are lots of friendly folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need something...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky