happy labor-and-bacon-day....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DanG123

Original poster
Jan 9, 2021
cut back the usual Maple-Brown Sugar, and went with more Thyme and Coriander flavor... final poll numbers haven't come-in yet- but the early precincts are reporting very favorably!

2.5% 9-day cure (.2% #1). 220F for about 4.5 hours.

IMG_3679.JPG
IMG_3680.JPG
IMG_3681.JPG

IMG_3683.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3677.JPG
    IMG_3677.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Nice, meaty piece. Thyme and coriander, huh? Sounds interesting.
i thought I'd hear how people missed the maple-brown sugar with breakfast. But, people are telling me this savory, but not overly salty, version is "amazing"...

Nice looking belly.
I just put a slab on 1% salt and cure #1 in the fridge tonight. I don't like sugar especially the maple. My taste really changed after the ... vid almost 2 years ago.

Reactions: DanG123
Interesting. I did a batch of back bacon a while back and for the most part used the flavor profile from a spiced bacon recipe over at the meat wave. Came out awesome.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky