Hamburgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbnice1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 22, 2017
So based on a previous thread I decided to give this a go. Its also 10F out so..........

Made some cheese stuffed 1/2 pound burgers!
Vac sealed them.
image0.jpeg

Cooked at 138f for 4 hours. Then seared with my Sous Vide gun and toasted the buns with a butter/garlic compound.
image1.jpeg

Made some bacon wrapped tater tots to go with it. Yum!
image2.jpeg

Wow looks great! And bacon wrapped tater tots, how could you go wrong

Ryan

Bacon wrapped anything is a win. Tots now on my list.
Friend of mine had tried to get me into sous vide. I never saw the practical side.
You have me thinking

Man I'd like to see a cut view. It might be fun to experiment with some burger, thanks for the idea!

Never thought to SV burgers before. I figured the ground beef would just crumble but yours looks amazing. And bacon wrapped tots?? Great looking plate!!

I still have 1 left in the fridge. If I remember I will get ya a cut view of it before I eat it. But it will be rewarmed so might not be as good.

Looking tasty. Bet u could really stuff um and stick together in the vac sealer. Feel like have had the stuffed burst and leak making a mess. This looks like a good idea. Would love to see a cut pic too. Good looking meal there.

Ok so this was int he fridge for 3 days. Then back in the sous vide for a couple hours to warm it back up. Put it on a compound butter/garlic toasted bun with some pickles and it was great!

image2.jpeg
image0.jpeg

And yes.... im a cheeseaholic.

That is the money shot I was looking for! Well done. Got mine stuffed this morn and vac sealed for tomorrows dinner. Thanks for the inspiration. Gooey, melty deliciousness there!

Make sure you post your results here. Im sure others are as interested as I am!

Reactions: jmusser
Did a mix of beef, smoked shredded pepperjack, diced onion, garlic and seasoning. Stuffed with smoked mild cheddar. Went in at 138* for 4 hours. Hit with torch to sear. Taste and texture was great. I love pouring out the fat and liquid but still wonder about pouring out the fat and liquid. Definitely not dried out. Definitely preferred a griddle or grill finish. Kind of a mixed deal for me. Could have been better with buns, cheese, toppings, etc. But hey its Monday night and a good meal after a long day at school. Take care and stay safe all.
IMG_1933.jpg
IMG_1935.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky