HALIBUT

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

frankbe

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 14, 2013
Hua Hin - Thailand
Walked trough the fish section today and saw this nice looking halibut , so I thought I'll give it a try...

Bought a nice animal from 2 kg or so , and some other stuff.

Get home and got started :

Gave it some cuts , a rub and a bit of oil :

Indirect heat with a bit wood chips ON the grill rack.

Meanwhile aperitif with deep fried sweet water sprot and Japanese seaweed salad :

30 minutes later , and a short grill (1 min) each side :

And this went to the table with 2 home made dip sauces :

A side dish = blood shells cooked over the grill :

Then the silence after the battle :

Wasn't so bad for my first fish , but honestly I prefer a solid rack of spare ribs...

Looks great!!! I'd be hard pressed to get a whole halibut on the grill here. Ours average around 40-60 pounds and 50-80 inches in length!!!

Thanks everybody !

And happy weekend to all of you too.

Yep Dirtsailor , things are a bit smaller here in Thailand , even the women ! LOL

When I moved to here I thought my tommy would get smaller as well , but that didn't happened
102.gif

beercheer.gif

That whole menu just looked so incredible! I love the halibut cheeks the most, but now wonder about the exact sizes available here, and will check. In any event, this thread was so fun to see! What very delicious stuff! Cheers to all! - Leah

Nice thread.. I agree with Leah.. the menu in greatness! Wish I could even find some fresh whole halibut here... I can get some filets. . But it will cast me a haliBUT load around my parts!
MIke

Thanks again !

The halibut is kind of a common fish here and cheap as well.

A lot of things different from the "west" here , some in the good way , some in the bad , but I do my best to fit in.

And about food ---> easy to do :  I like everything (except for milk) , even the deep fried grasshoppers.

And Leah : there is 1 thing in your profile that fit my idea =   My daily meals are a celebration! (Not just holidays, but every day)!

Even these days with the easy and quick cooking ---> we have to do so , we have some flood problems...

beercheer.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky