Half Moon Searing Tray for Akorn Kamado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Daz

Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
Hi all, just had it made yesterday and it fits like a glove on the Akorn 22" kamado. waterjet stainless steel. Cooked some Ahi belly and it worked like a champ. It sits on top of two lips and holds plenty of coal. It's about 3.5" from the bottom of the tray to the lower side of the grate. I may make a stainless grate with hinged side to work this tray.

seartray02.jpg

seartray05.jpg

Nice I got the $12.00 17" charcoal grate at home depot for a 22" kettle grill that fits perfectly on the three tabs for searing and the 12" pizza stone for indirect smoking vs the Akorn ceramic insert. A 15" pizza stone will sit perfectly on the three tab ends and will not slide from the vertical sides of the tabs locking it in place.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky