• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hades 6 Pepper Chicken

maxxrocket

Joined Jan 11, 2014
This forum is a bit different than my cigardojo.com forum. ... Should I post it on this thread, or start a new one?

maxxrocket

Joined Jan 11, 2014
Hades 6 Pepper Chicken/Pork Marinade

1/2 large white onion

3 large green chilies (Anaheim, Hatch, etc.)

3 -4 chipotles (canned in adobo)

4 jalapenos

12 cloves garlic (I use 4 cloves of elephant garlic)

2 Tbsp cracked black pepper

1 Tbsp cracked Szechuan peppercorns 

10 chile de arbols

handful of cilantro

salt to taste*

1/4 cup white vinegar

juice of 2 limes

juice of 2 lemons

1/8 cup balsamic vinegar

1/2 cup water

enough olive oil to make an emulsion (about 1\2 cup)

Directions:

Chop all of the larger veggies into thirds. Add everything EXCEPT the olive oil into a blender. Once everything is pureed (if it's too dry and won't process properly, you can add more water), start drizzling in the oil. Taste. *Remember, it should be slightly saltier than what you'd think. Marinade meat for about 8-24 hrs.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Interesting use of the Szechuan Pepper. It numbs the mouth so you can eat more fiery food..." Ancient Chinese Secret! " The marinade sounds great to me but I am the only family member that can handle that heat level. Guess I will have to make a smaller batch and just marinate my pieces of bird. I am thinking I would replace the Balsamic, which I don't usually have, with 1/4C OJ to get something more like a Hell Fire Mojo Criollo...JJ

ldrus

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 16, 2007
Sounds good! How hot is the finished product after cooking

maxxrocket

Joined Jan 11, 2014
Pretty hot. The Chipotle is a must, but to tone it down, omit the jalapeño and the peppercorns.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.