Hades 6 Pepper Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This forum is a bit different than my cigardojo.com forum. ... Should I post it on this thread, or start a new one?

Hades 6 Pepper Chicken/Pork Marinade

1/2 large white onion

3 large green chilies (Anaheim, Hatch, etc.)

3 -4 chipotles (canned in adobo)

4 jalapenos

12 cloves garlic (I use 4 cloves of elephant garlic)

2 Tbsp cracked black pepper

1 Tbsp cracked Szechuan peppercorns 

10 chile de arbols

handful of cilantro

salt to taste*

1/4 cup white vinegar

juice of 2 limes

juice of 2 lemons

1/8 cup balsamic vinegar

1/2 cup water

enough olive oil to make an emulsion (about 1\2 cup)

Directions:

Chop all of the larger veggies into thirds. Add everything EXCEPT the olive oil into a blender. Once everything is pureed (if it's too dry and won't process properly, you can add more water), start drizzling in the oil. Taste. *Remember, it should be slightly saltier than what you'd think. Marinade meat for about 8-24 hrs.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Interesting use of the Szechuan Pepper. It numbs the mouth so you can eat more fiery food..." Ancient Chinese Secret! " The marinade sounds great to me but I am the only family member that can handle that heat level. Guess I will have to make a smaller batch and just marinate my pieces of bird. I am thinking I would replace the Balsamic, which I don't usually have, with 1/4C OJ to get something more like a Hell Fire Mojo Criollo...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky