Had a small oak fire... only one thing to do....I think I have it bad...

Discussion in 'Grilling Beef' started by graystratcat, Jan 29, 2012.

1. I have to admit, I've been at this smoking, grilling, outdoor cooking thing for many, many years... but man... I still love it....

Well, the wife wanted the chiminea fired up this afternoon to keep a little chill off....haven't had it lit in a long time...problem is the chill disappeared pretty quick this afternoon...

So I'm thinking... I have a real nice little oak fire going with a real nice bed of coals....no sense in letting it go to waste... and of course my mind turned to cooking something! 

So there you have the 'I think I have it bad' comment.... if I see a nice hardwood fire with a nice bed of coals... I'm thinking only one thing.....Let's Cook!

Well turns out I had a nice little round steak in the fridge... quick thin slice and a quick marinade and I'm cooking....

Little marinated beef on the rod....

[​IMG]

The weapon of choice for this little snack...

[​IMG]

Little snack while drinking an adult beverage or two... enjoying a really nice January day in North Cackilacky...

[​IMG]

Nice and hot right off the fire with a real nice smokey taste

[​IMG]

Nothing like a little smokey finger food right off the fire.... pretty cool way to spend a nice Sunday afternoon....

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

-Salt

2. davidhef88

davidhef88 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I like your way of thinking. 

3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks like a great afternoon with some good eats [​IMG]

4. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Great job man - looking mighty tasty

5. sprky

sprky Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]

6. Had a white out snow blizzard here today! Come on spring!!!

7. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Great idea Salt! We usually just roast marshmallows on ours.

8. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

That's some good looking grub!

Beats the heck out of a hot dog.