Had a small oak fire... only one thing to do....I think I have it bad...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

graystratcat

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
I have to admit, I've been at this smoking, grilling, outdoor cooking thing for many, many years... but man... I still love it....

Well, the wife wanted the chiminea fired up this afternoon to keep a little chill off....haven't had it lit in a long time...problem is the chill disappeared pretty quick this afternoon...

So I'm thinking... I have a real nice little oak fire going with a real nice bed of coals....no sense in letting it go to waste... and of course my mind turned to cooking something! 

So there you have the 'I think I have it bad' comment.... if I see a nice hardwood fire with a nice bed of coals... I'm thinking only one thing.....Let's Cook!

Well turns out I had a nice little round steak in the fridge... quick thin slice and a quick marinade and I'm cooking....

Little marinated beef on the rod....

7f11afd4_DSCF0242.jpg

The weapon of choice for this little snack...

5e34edc7_DSCF0243.jpg

Little snack while drinking an adult beverage or two... enjoying a really nice January day in North Cackilacky...

732b256e_C3.jpg

Nice and hot right off the fire with a real nice smokey taste

8b8a2100_C4.jpg

Nothing like a little smokey finger food right off the fire.... pretty cool way to spend a nice Sunday afternoon....

4beb6482_C5.jpg

Thanks for looking.

-Salt

Looks like a great afternoon with some good eats
thumb1.gif

That's some good looking grub!

Beats the heck out of a hot dog.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky