Guacamole . . . a twist...

Discussion in 'Side Items' started by oldschoolbbq, Aug 14, 2014.

1. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I'm sitting here chow down on some of my Guacamole. Not that it is a world class recipe , but if you like smooth ,creamy Guac. , and have a Cheese habit (and which of us don't ) , you'll like this.

I don't know if I've posted this one , but here it again ,if I have . . . try it you may be surprised [​IMG]

I have a normal recipe :

3 avacados

chopped Gr. Onions 1 cup

chopped Cilantro ( to taste - I like a lot )

1tsp. Cumin (or to taste)

1 tsp. Sugar (refined here , the Turbinato won't melt)

lots of Garlic (for me anyhow)[​IMG]

1 small tomatoe (chopped) adds color and taste -especially with fresh off the vine , seeded and juiced . save the juice for cooking).

Mix together as you like (if you like chunky) . . .then . . .

add 1 8oz. pkg. of Cream Cheese (room temp. and whipped soft and fluffy)

turn in the Guac. mixture and blend well.

I hope you like this and as always . . .

2. Hello Stan.  I hope you and your family are well.  This looks like the Guac I make when company is coming over.  I haven't added the cumin or sugar.  I'll get that a whirl.  Isn't it funny how so many of these recipes from certain areas of the country are the same?  I noticed you didn't say add lime juice. as in many recipes.  I don't add lime juice and I don't like lime juice added.  Gary S posted a great how to on brisket and it was almost word for word how I do mine and I am pretty certain how you do yours.  Of course we are old men and learned old school from watching the old men when we were kids.  I guess when it ain't broke don't fix it.  Thanks for posting.  Folks will love this.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

3. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Well, Danny, you are right .  I was excited about the similarities in the two , I forgot the Lime. [​IMG]  Yes, without that it wouldn't be right , that something you know should be there , but isn't. Rather bland , too.[​IMG]

Later , my friend . . .