Grocery Sale This Week

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those are some great sale prices! Never see rib roasts for that price here! But if I did...no freezer needed...mother nature has a nice one outdoors for us lol!

Ryan

Reactions: 912smoker
When my daughters were about 9 & 11 my wife started having each of them pick, prepare, and cook dinner one night each week. We had plenty of cookbooks of varying difficulty and my wife and I were available to advise, but they did everything themselves, including making up their shopping list. And no frozen or canned stuff.

Now they are 31 and 33 and are both excellent cooks. When they went away to college they were amazed that almost none of their classmates had the faintest idea how to cook anything. Best thing we ever did for them and my wife gets 95% of the credit.

Edited to add: we only had daughters. If we had had a son he would have made a dinner as well.
That is awesome!! And unfortunately I can believe the part of so many young people who don't know how to cook.

When my daughters were about 9 & 11 my wife started having each of them pick, prepare, and cook dinner one night each week. We had plenty of cookbooks of varying difficulty and my wife and I were available to advise, but they did everything themselves, including making up their shopping list. And no frozen or canned stuff.

Now they are 31 and 33 and are both excellent cooks. When they went away to college they were amazed that almost none of their classmates had the faintest idea how to cook anything. Best thing we ever did for them and my wife gets 95% of the credit.

Edited to add: we only had daughters. If we had had a son he would have made a dinner as well.
We did that too. My son likes to cook, but unfortunately, my daughter developed the laziness gene. Her husband likes to think he's some kind of amateur chef (his mother did all the cooking), but he has no knack for pairing ingredients & spices. His attempts are about 99.8% colossal failures. Even my grandsons refuse to eat anything he makes.

We did that too. My son likes to cook, but unfortunately, my daughter developed the laziness gene. Her husband likes to think he's some kind of amateur chef (his mother did all the cooking), but he has no knack for pairing ingredients & spices. His attempts are about 99.8% colossal failures. Even my grandsons refuse to eat anything he makes.
Hahahaha I had an across the hall neighbor in my apt complex while in college who had never cooked and would see me cook.
He thought you could just mix any spices and I started showing him out to cook.
One day he decided to make Paprika and Basil chicken... no other spices. How much he put and how he did it....it was not good hahahha :D

He washed out of college a couple of times after that and then while back home with mommy and daddy a culinary school opened up in his hometown and the whole time he had continued to cook and learned how to be functionaly and really really enjoyed it. He joined the culinary school and knocked it out of the park and became a chef!

Crazy how life works out :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky