Grinding brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I grinding up my brisket. Think should of froze longer than 45 minutes. Turning into kind of mush. I am using cheap chefman grinder also. If I ever do this again will be buying attachment for Kitchen aid. Going to try grind again to get fat spread out more. Did not need the extra fat.

20200703_104023.jpg
20200703_105310.jpg
20200703_105506.jpg

Reactions: chopsaw and kruizer
looks good here too! I trim most of the fat off when i grind and there is always plenty left in the meat for juicy over the top burgers. When i first start grinding my own lots of write up said to add fat or leave 20% etc. I have never felt this was needed for my tastes.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Looks like I recovered. Looks like hamburger now. First mistake was should of cut meat in chunks. This grinder could not handle the big strips. On second grind fat kept getting caught in holes and plugging them up in beginning. After few clean outs finally started flowing!

20200703_115148.jpg

Smoked burgers tonight! Thinking of just using low smoke? What temp should I take to?

Reactions: crazymoon
Brian, your gonna love the next burger you make! Get used to grinding brisket because I never went back after my first one! Lol!

Looks good. What size plate did you use? Also, grinding partially frozen cubes is much better then strips. Your second grind looks much better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky