Grinder and Sausage Stuffer Tips...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
I always store the silicone o-ring for the stuffer in the top of the plunge, then run the plunge down to the bottom of the hopper. This helps the o-ring keep it's shape and prevents trying to pull a dry o-ring up through the hopper. Less stress on the electric motor...
IMG_20230215_104614.jpg

And when I grind, I always put saran wrap cling film over the grinder base (don't cover up the motor vent openings). This makes clean up a cinch. Just discard the cling wrap!
IMG_20230215_110614.jpg

Thanks. Never thought of wrapping the grinder. Learn something everyday!!

Our big deer and wild hog processing day is this Saturday. We always put Saran wrap on the double fridge door handles too! Never fails someone will need to open the door with dirty hands.....

I use crisco on the stuffer o-ring, but use petrol-gel lube on contact parts in the grinder head....especially the nylon bushing and auger shaft.
1058743.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky