Grillgrates for my Memphis Pro?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BC Buck

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 16, 2018
MO
I had a CC sear pit I had mounted to side of my pellet smoker. Refuse to put one more penny into it and started using the sear option on my pellet grill. Goes up to 650 and with fatty meat I can get flame ups to help with a sear. Leaner steak and venison I use melted butter for flame action. The Memphis pro in sear mode does not heat evenly and with fans running on max you get some ash floating around. Im thinking grillgrates would cure the uneven temps but how do they work with fatty meats or butter basting. Do you guys ever get flair up using them.

I got sear grates with my RT 1250. Tried them one time & the grill was so hot it scared me. So I just put the sear grates in my Genesis. I love them. They get a ton of use In it & I can keep my RT for smoking.
Al

Reactions: BC Buck
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky