Grilled Pork Steaks / Cabbage and Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Needed something quick to cook after work for we could eat on the rest of the week. Pulled out a couple packs of the pulled ham I did back in December and turned that into magic with a few heads of cabbage and some onions. We’ve used that pulled ham in soups, green beans, sandwiches and cabbage. I plan on stocking the freezer back up with pulled during the holiday ham sales. Local Savealot had nice pork steaks for $1.99 so hit those with some Dos Pendejos Smokin It and some of their Cluckin’ Red. Grilled on the Weber kettle along with some poblanos I needed to use up. Man I LOVE pork steaks. Suppers on for me and the usual suspects I pass samples on too :). Thanks for looking.
597034B9-FB89-481D-BAD4-8DA939E41410.jpeg
CDD7BCB6-611C-4A73-A3A3-713C503CA96A.jpeg

Thanks guys. The pork steaks and poblanos are great but man the star is that cabbage and ham. When I packed my pulled ham I mixed in some liquid gold from the smoke (Minors Chicken broth from under the hams) That with the ham and cabbage is just amazing. Just finished a mountain of it for lunch lol.

The food looks great, Jeff. That ham and cabbage really caught my eye, we love that combination.

I plan on stocking the freezer back up with pulled during the holiday ham sales.
I do the same except I cut the ham into ~1" cubes, vacuum seal, and freeze in 1 lb. packages. You've got me thinking about pulling it instead, I like that idea...

Reactions: jcam222
Good looking Pork there. I love that cabbage idea. I doing a pork butt ham. Was trying to talk myself into doing pulled ham but probably just do sliced.

Most excellent plate of vittles Jeff.

Point for sure
Chris

I love pork steaks! Those look delicious!. McRibs are picnics pulverized, seasoned and formed but Butt steaks are even better, same flavor, whole muscle with dill pickles, onions and sauce. I keep an eye out for pork steaks or whole butts and free slicing. Needs to get closer to $1/lb. Dang, I'm hungry.

Nice work bud . I bet the cabbage and ham was good .
I'm doing some pork steaks tomorrow . Not sure how I'll do them yet .
Nice lookin' cook !

I'm still behind and playing catch-up but man alive!! That looks absolutely amazing....as usual. A simple gorgeous meal and congrats on the ride buddy. Much deserved.

Robert

Oh man, that looks really good! Huge cabbage fan here, that looks tasty!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky