Grilled My First Fattie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

striper

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 10, 2009
Oak Harbor, WA
Having spent the last week or more drooling over everyone's pic's of these things I had to try something. Being 3,000 miles from your Smoker is not a good thing. So I decided to try a Breakfast Fattie using the Blue Berries and Pancake that another member had done earlier. Since I had no way to check the temperature of the Grill I just warmed it up and then turned it to the lowest setting. At 1 hour the internal temp. was 118 so I proped the lid open a bit to try and slow things down. Took a total of 2 hours with about 15 minutes in the Broiler to finish the Bacon. Shared some with my neighbors here in the RV Park as they had been working next to the grill all the time this was cooking and they demanded the recipe. Here's the results.

Starting out

Ready to roll

Rolled and Ready for Chilling

On the Grill, a gas Weber Baby Q

Done and resting

The finished product and it tasted GREAT.

Dang Joe, you might as well give me your Trager, you don't need it. You're doing just fine with a grill setup. Looks good enough for
points.gif
for determination and success.
~Dave

You made a fine choice for making a fattie...

It Looks Great and I bet it tasted Great also...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That is a great looking Fattie - is the sausage or bacon maple by any chance? Thinking of doing one of these for Christmas morning

Thanks Guys, it was fun and is delicious.

Dave, the Treager is "Under Guard
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
".
biggrin.gif

And yes the Sausage was Jimmy Dean Maple Flavored, Bacon was just Thick Sliced. I'm thinking about using the Peppered Thick Sliced Bacon on the next one.

You have a "Traeger" and yer usin that little Weber???
Have you lost yer mind????? lol
Great job and nice lookin fattie!!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

But it would've tasted better if ya used yer Traeger......lmao
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Well, the story goes that Joe just had to take off south for the winter with his new RV hauler and Fifth wheel. If it were me, I'D HAVE FOUND SPACE for the Traeger, but no. I'll bet he never makes that mistake again. So, yes, he's stuck with a grill, but he's getting innovative. Gotta give him credit for that, at least. Joe, we love you anyway. Merry Christmas from us NWBombers.

Yep I've lost my mind.
biggrin.gif
My Treager is in Washington State and I'm in South Rooster Poop Texas
icon_confused.gif
Believe me when I get home NWDave will be able to smell the smoke from the Treager clear up where he lives.

Man thats a nice fattie and I like the filling. I see you used the thick bacon on your fattie too. I have to say you made quite a fine looking fattie and on your first time too
points.gif
just have to be awarded for pulling off you first:

Cause you know that: One Cooked is One Hooked

Thanks Guys, this place is AWESOME. I'm thinking the lil Weber is gonna get a work out before I get home. Several other things rattling around in the think tank to try out on it.

Dave you better start rigging up for a Smog Alert.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Funny you should say that. When I was doing the fatties the other day, two of my neighbors came across to check up on me. I was just getting the smoke to settle down. They are Bellingham Firefighters that recently moved in. They said that they want a piece of the action. We may have a problem
icon_redface.gif
, of the right kind.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky