Greetings from Upstate NY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solo_Falcon

Original poster
Jun 26, 2020
Upstate NY
Just started smoking with an Oklahoma Joes Longhorn combination grill! Smoked my first ever brisket this past Tuesday and it went very smooth. Can’t wait to do more. I have a pork shoulder and a whole flat iron to work on next.

Attachments

• 264CC162-D0FA-4C3A-9518-34D541393BC6.jpeg
    264CC162-D0FA-4C3A-9518-34D541393BC6.jpeg
    227 KB · Views: 12
If you don't mind me asking, where in upstate NY? Originally, we were from Adams Center/Watertown, NY. Born and raised there for 46 years. Moved here in '97/98.

Reactions: JC in GB
If you don't mind me asking, where in upstate NY? Originally, we were from Adams Center/Watertown, NY. Born and raised there for 46 years. Moved here in '97/98.
I’m up in the Adirondacks/Lake George area. Nice and peaceful area.

Welcome to SMF! Glad you joined!
And.....wow! That brisket looks awesome! Great job!
Thank you very much! I’m proud of how it came out especially being my first time. I lurked a few threads on here before I made it and decided to join after how much I enjoyed it.

Reactions: IMAVGAN
Welcome from Ga. That Brisket looks great! Especially your first time? WOW!
Looking forward to more of your cooks. Enjoy, thanks for sharing.

Mike

Reactions: Solo_Falcon
Welcome to the site. I'm a little over 2 hrs away to the North in VT. Glad to have ya join up.

Chris

Welcome from NC (by way of western NY).
Used to know your area like the back of my hand 40 years ago. My first job was inspecting all the non-interstate bridges in 4 Adirondack counties (Saratoga, Warren, Washington, Essex), the initiation of the Federal bridge inspection program, we put the BIN plates on them for the first time. A great 3 season job, not so much in the winter.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky