Greetings from tropical MN

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
welcome to another smoker from the great state of minnesota, the home of the best football team in the nfl even though not in the superbowl... i had to use that line someplace lol!!! lotsa people here, we even let saints and colts fans in... but serious lotsa great info to be had here. if you havent already ck out the free ecourse, and read the food saftey section. great info to be had there. cant wait to see your smokes neighbor
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

update: eCourse was very good. Basic information but well worth it. Grabbed Jeff's sauce and rub recipe and 2 butts are in the smoker right now giving it a try. I'll post some pics in about 2 hours and will have a little pulled pork for lunch with the sauce.

Lovin this site!

Can't wait to see it. You sure picked a good day for smoking LOL. By chance, is your wife an RN? My wife works at Mayo, she said she was talking to another nurse there last week and the topic of smokers came up, how I don't know. Anyhow, she said that she told the other nurse about this place as her husband was interested in it. Just wondering if that was you
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome aboard the SMF!! Lots of great info, recipes, and ideas here for your reading pleasure as well as a friendly and helpful group to answer all your questions. Enjoy your stay.

Don

Not me, I'm one of those dreaded Realtors (Counselor Realty) also working part time at the dive shop opening back up in Rochester. (MDC Sports)

Pics coming soon. Finally got done blowing the snow and 1/2 way thru had to grab the butts and foil them and go back to the snowblower. 2 hours worth this morning!

Sore back and arms from blowing the snow, but I am sooooooo ready for lunch! Rub from Jeff's recipe! Put in at 10:30 last night, 2x 8# butts - 6 chunks 1/2 apple, 1/2 hickory. Removed at 9:30 this morning after reaching 201 degrees (smoked at 235 degrees)

Here's a few in the Qview for ya:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky