1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Greetings from the Great White North

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by Tyrnagog, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Hi all,

New member here from Canada. I've been grilling with smoke the last number of years, and was fortunate to receive a propane Masterbuilt smoker over Christmas - though I haven't put it into service yet, I am very keen to. Unfortunately, with daytime highs in the -10C (14 F) and lower, I'm not sure that's the smartest thing to do to offer the highest chance of success. Looking forward to reading about tips, tricks and other thoughts on this hobby!

2. Welcome Tyrnagog, now that you received a smoker for Xmas, this is going to be the longest winter you have ever experienced. Be patient, we can almost smell spring around the corner!:emoji_anguished:

Tyrnagog likes this.
  3. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome glad to have you on board lot of great guys and gals on here with tons of info just for the asking or you can search and read.

Warren

Tyrnagog likes this.
  4. HalfSmoked

HalfSmoked Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Tyrnagog Thanks for the like it is greatly appreciated.

Warren

5. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome to the site and don't be afraid of smoking in cold weather, it's the wind that plays havoc.

Chris

6. Winterrider

Winterrider Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

So very true. A windbreaker and/ or a wrap helps dramatically. Kinda have to be selective on what you smoke, but it's doable.