Greetings from Indy!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

big green mike

Original poster
Sep 23, 2016
Greenwood, Indiana
Hello to all of my fellow smoker fans. I have been using my large big green egg for just over a year now. We got it at Egg Fest in Indy. The samplings they offered, as well as the seminars were what got me started. They were very informative! In fact, I just pulled off 17 lbs of pork butts after a 13 hour slow cook. I used Pork Barrel BBQ rub, and apple wood chunks. The butts are wrapped up tight in foil and getting happy in the cooler for this afternoon's meal by the pool! I have tried all kinds of chips and chunks for smoking. I am also a big user of Penzeys spices, but most often just use fresh ground pepper and Himalayan pink salt. Bon appetit!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky