Greetings from Essex, UK

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

colinf

Original poster
Feb 3, 2014
Hiya all,

Had a cheapo gas grill until this week when I took delivery of the Landmann Tennesee smoker. Going to try pulled pork then maybe some beef brisket so just checking out the website to pick up some hints and tips.

See ya all around.

Colin

Last edited:
[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the site Colin. Glad you could join the growing band from this side of the pond. Don't be afraid to ask anything - and don't hold back from sharing your experiences with the group.

Wade 

Thanks for the welcome. There's so much information on this website its a major decision what to try first. Just done the initial burn in on the smoker tonight, and as it was going so well I chucked some sausages on after a few hours. Had some comments from the neighbors along the lines of what nutter is having a BBQ in February :-)

Thanks for the welcome. There's so much information on this website its a major decision what to try first. Just done the initial burn in on the smoker tonight, and as it was going so well I chucked some sausages on after a few hours. Had some comments from the neighbors along the lines of what nutter is having a BBQ in February :-)
Sausages are great from the smoker. The problem with cooking them low is that the natural skins can go quite hard as they are not being fried. If that happens (and it depends on the skins) just slit them and take them off before serving.

You get the same response from the DIY superstores when you try to buy charcoal from October to March - "We don't stock it as nobody BBQs in the winter". They should get a life! ... or is it the other way round... 
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Hiya Gary.

Your not kidding about how much information is on this site. I cant wait to do the pulled pork as I've had it a few times and love it. Its very hard to come by over here in Britain, which is a shame.

How long have you been grilling/smoking ?

Colin

Hello and Welcome to our addiction.  A word of warning: There is no 12 step program for this one!  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Hello Colin and welcome to the forums!  You've found a great place to share ideas on all things smoked, cured, grilled, etc.  There are plenty of good people here who really know their stuff and genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input around here, and just ask when you need anything...someone will surely have the answer.

Red

Hi Colin,

I am actually from Essex as well. I used to have a Landmann Tennesse as well, really enjoyed using that, really fun cooker.

I found Pork Butt was a good starting point on there, you can pick up shoulders in Tesco for about £8 great piece of meat to master your cooker :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky