Greeting from Oz

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oscar8987

Original poster
Jun 8, 2014
Hi All,   I live in Queensland Australia, just 2hrs drive west of Brisbane.  I was reading some of the threads on the site and thought this would be a great forum to join.   It's all a learning curve for me as I've only been smoking for a few weeks.   I use a cold smoker to smoke different flavours of garlic, nuts, cheese and salt & pepper. I built a ply wood smoker consisting of a cold receiver box 21/2ft by 3ft and 11/2ft deep. Beside that is a smaller metal lined box where the smoke is created, using a foot long smoking barrel and hickory pellets.  My receiver box caught fire yesterday morning when I was using the smoking barrel directly on the bottom of it instead of the smaller fire box. So now I'm using an old tool box which is quite a bit larger.  Anyway hello all and look forward to communicating in the future. Cheers Oscar

Hi Oscar. Welcome to the site. You will find answers to all of your questions if you use the Search function.

I grew up in Western Queensland near Roma and was back there last October to visit siblings who still live there.

Hi Pete, I'm 15mins outside of Toowoomba on the highway towards Roma. We're basking in 22degrees C. temps at the moment.    Don't know where winter is this year.   I'm in the process of replacing my smoker  (which burnt badly yesterday morning) with a steel one.   It's an old tool box, quite large and I thought if I strip the paint off and shelve it I'll not have to worry about fires again. Weeellll that's the theory anyway.

Oscar, I went to High School in Toowoomba. The thing I noticed most about driving west last year was the increase in traffic due to the Coal Seam Gas expansion out west. Good luck with the BBQ. Pete

Hello Oscar, welcome from East Texas be looking forward to seeing your post.

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky