Great Use For Left-Over Brisket: Killer Nachos ( W / Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
So Summer time in Central Texas can be a bit hard to deal with at times....like when the temps hot 110 for a couple weeks straight :) We tend to eat a large number of cool meals in an attempt to survive the heat and here is one I came up with that was absolutely outstanding!! A couple weeks ago we hosted our second annual Block Party for the community, both done at our house. Last year we ran out of brisket and that was REALLY embarrassing as I've never run out before. This time I made sure to smoke enough and we actually had leftovers. Looking through the fridge for what to make for dinner one night shortly after the party, the cogs started turning and I got inspired. Here is the result: a huge platter of nachos with the leftover brisket.

A plate full of chopped up brisket, a can of Ro*Tel tomatoes with Habaneros, diced Jalapenos, and some sliced green onions
Brisket Nachos 002.jpg

Large bowl full of tortilla chips
Brisket Nachos 003.jpg

Pile on the brisket (chopped and served cold)
Brisket Nachos 004.jpg

I chilled the Ro*Tel tomatoes and they went on next
Brisket Nachos 005.jpg

Green onions
Brisket Nachos 006.jpg

Jalapenos
Brisket Nachos 007.jpg

A whole bunch of 3-cheese Mexican blend
Brisket Nachos 008.jpg

Top it off with a bucket full of our favorite fire roasted salsa
Brisket Nachos 009.jpg

Money shot: my first (of several) large platefuls....and my wife's and in the background getting her first helping :)
Brisket Nachos 010.jpg

This was quick and easy to make, bright and colorful, cool and refreshing, and an absolute plethora of flavors and textures. I gotta say, this was a home run and it will become a staple around here. Side note: I have also done this with pulled pork, which was very good but the depth of flavor in the brisket takes top honors. Either way, you won't be disappointed!!

The Nacho King of Lago :) (maybe not)
Robert

Good way to do it!! I'm hoping to have left overs after the relatives leave so I can do brisket poutine ... Feel bad for ya'all down there..I think 90f is scorching!

Looks great and great way to put those leftovers to good use! I usually enjoy the things we use the leftover PP and brisket for better than the sammie’s we originally made it for.

That's a mighty fine looking plate of chips you made.

Point for sure.

Chris

Another good one is pizza. Use BBQ sauce as the sauce, mozzarella cheese and left over brisket or pulled pork.

Looks great to me as well.

I'd like to try brisket nachos or tacos sometime. My only problem is that Im a bachelor. So I need to do one for a party.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky