Great first smoking experience

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crankbolt

Original poster
Jul 7, 2017

So my smoking went very well, A nice pork butt 10 lbs. It went like I read 5 hours into the smoking reached stall point 165 degrees. Into a covered pan, about 4 hrs later reached 195. Pulled the cover, a little coating on BBQ sauce. Pulled it off at 198. Into a cooler to set for about an hour. As they said, grabbed the shoulder bone a little twist and it came out clean. Pulled it apart, lots of juice perfectly tender. Bark was a little more than i wanted but beautiful color and the flavor even better.... I believe I am hooked. This weekend is my boys 16th birthday and I want to due a brisket....

1 bag of natural lump charcoal and 1/2 bag of Hickory lump wood. 10 hr smoke start to finish.

Menu for the family was Smoked Pork butt, home made baked beans, homemade coleslaw,corn on the cob and cornbread.... what a Great day and fat and Happy family.... 

All of you on the forum...thanks for the information....it was well received :)

very nice smoke ... points for first smoke .....
points.gif

Reactions: crankbolt
texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum from a beautiful, hot sunny day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.

Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Congrats on a perfect looking smoke  It looks great !!

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky