Grean beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Hey All,

I was lookin to do some beans while I smoke some chops. I was thinking some bacon and brown sugar evoo and butter. Is 40 mins about right at 225 you think? I was gonna put em on a foil tray with foil over it.

Reactions: kruizer
Curious to see what comments you get! Never thought about putting them in smoker. We always add bacon to our home canned beans when reheating.

Ryan

They always seem to go bad on me before getting around to eating them. Now right after I buy them I blanch them and they stay good for a while. Just grab a hand full and saute with garlic, butter and seasoning. I watching to see how yours turn out.

Reactions: negolien
My wife roast veggies (including green beans) a LOT in our oven. She does about the same as you have planned. EVOO, seasoning, & on her seasoned pan. She leaves them uncovered.

This is one of her veggies trays prior to roasting. We really enjoy the roasted veggies (trying to eat healthier .......)

IMG_5317.jpeg

Are you using fresh or canned? I have smoked canned green beans fairly often for cookouts. In a foil pan I add beans, bacon, sautéed onions, garlic and chicken stock. I put it under the meat and smoke a few hours. People seem to love them. Make sure to not put them in until you are getting good clean smoke. I’ve never smoked fresh green beans. We love them just roasted with a little olive oil and SPG. I also like to cook them country style at times by adding bacon, onion and chicken stock and cooking down over and over until you get nice dark bacony beans.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Looks good! Would you change anything with beans or do it the same again?

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky