Grate Gauges ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Paulie Walnuts 440

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 17, 2020
Hey I was wanting to know what you folks recommend for inside grate gauges. I suppose it's one thought having knowing what gauges are telling you when the lids are closed. However I feel as if the top and bottom grates inside would tell a different story. Any recommendations I'm all open to.

Any decent multi-probe therm will do the trick.Check out site sponsors Inkbird or ThermoPro,they both make excellent therms.

Yes, there can be different temps between the top and bottom grates in a particular smoker. I never rely on a built-in therms which are notorious for being inaccurate. I personally use those from Thermoworks.

Reactions: Jett
Paulie Walnuts 440 Paulie Walnuts 440 I use a Thermopro dual probe in my vertical smoker. 1 probe at the lower rack and 1 at the highest rack. Average the two to get the middle temps. May not be exact science but close enough for me. I won a Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq 4 probe here on the forum that i use for IT on what I'm cooking.

Buy a couple grill grate clips and add a multiprobe thermo to your BBQ equipment collection!

What do you guys think of this particular model?

I wanted to get it with another air probe and put one on bottom rack and one on top rack. I have two doors on my offset smoker 250.gal and I see how overall that the right side will be at say "275" while the left side door gauge will read like 260 or so. I wonder if i should get one that can read temps inside on all 4 grates.

What do you guys think of this particular model?

I wanted to get it with another air probe and put one on bottom rack and one on top rack. I have two doors on my offset smoker 250.gal and I see how overall that the right side will be at say "275" while the left side door gauge will read like 260 or so. I wonder if i should get one that can read temps inside on all 4 grates.
I have the Thermoworks smoke, and I've been very satisfied with it. Is it better than the others out there? Probably not.

Ok thank you and i see they make a 4 channel device but only comes with 1 air probe. I kind of want the 4 channel but with all 4 air probes which are $18.00 a probe just so i can truly see what my grate temps are.

I use Tel tru gauges on my Lang& they are dead on accurate, but of course you have to be close enough to the smoker to see the gauges. The Inkbird 4 probe is cheap & Just as accurate as the tel tru’s. Many options out there.
Al

Hi, offer 50% off code for the 4 probes Bluetooth bbq theremometer. PM me if interested. Thanks.

1594434451134.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky