Grate Gauges ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Paulie Walnuts 440

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 17, 2020
Hey I was wanting to know what you folks recommend for inside grate gauges. I suppose it's one thought having knowing what gauges are telling you when the lids are closed. However I feel as if the top and bottom grates inside would tell a different story. Any recommendations I'm all open to.

Any decent multi-probe therm will do the trick.Check out site sponsors Inkbird or ThermoPro,they both make excellent therms.

Yes, there can be different temps between the top and bottom grates in a particular smoker. I never rely on a built-in therms which are notorious for being inaccurate. I personally use those from Thermoworks.

Reactions: Jett
Paulie Walnuts 440 Paulie Walnuts 440 I use a Thermopro dual probe in my vertical smoker. 1 probe at the lower rack and 1 at the highest rack. Average the two to get the middle temps. May not be exact science but close enough for me. I won a Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq 4 probe here on the forum that i use for IT on what I'm cooking.

Buy a couple grill grate clips and add a multiprobe thermo to your BBQ equipment collection!

What do you guys think of this particular model?

I wanted to get it with another air probe and put one on bottom rack and one on top rack. I have two doors on my offset smoker 250.gal and I see how overall that the right side will be at say "275" while the left side door gauge will read like 260 or so. I wonder if i should get one that can read temps inside on all 4 grates.

What do you guys think of this particular model?

I wanted to get it with another air probe and put one on bottom rack and one on top rack. I have two doors on my offset smoker 250.gal and I see how overall that the right side will be at say "275" while the left side door gauge will read like 260 or so. I wonder if i should get one that can read temps inside on all 4 grates.
I have the Thermoworks smoke, and I've been very satisfied with it. Is it better than the others out there? Probably not.

Ok thank you and i see they make a 4 channel device but only comes with 1 air probe. I kind of want the 4 channel but with all 4 air probes which are $18.00 a probe just so i can truly see what my grate temps are.

I use Tel tru gauges on my Lang& they are dead on accurate, but of course you have to be close enough to the smoker to see the gauges. The Inkbird 4 probe is cheap & Just as accurate as the tel tru’s. Many options out there.
Al

Hi, offer 50% off code for the 4 probes Bluetooth bbq theremometer. PM me if interested. Thanks.

1594434451134.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky