Grassfed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jooo

Original poster
Feb 9, 2020
Where can you get good quality beef ? I have a really hard time finding it in Dallas. Thanks !!

A little surprised. I thought Texas was still the Beef Capitol of the country and quality Beef is Everywhere. Are you talking Grass Fed from Butcher Shops that Hand Cut from Sides or which Piggly Wiggly, Walmart or Costco, to buy Beef from?...JJ

I really don't understand why folks want grass fed, it is leaner and less fat where I prefer it, Its cheaper for the folks who raise them as they don't have to buy grain so more $ left in their pocket. I prefer them grain fed topped out . had buffalo 1 time that was topped out on corn my oh my that was some great eating. Fads are started by folks taking a different route home claiming its shorter /better lol

Benefits of grass-fed beef: It's much leaner than its conventional counterpart which may or may not be desirable from an overall taste perspective. However it is also higher in key nutrients, including antioxidants, vitamins, and a beneficial fat called conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) that's been tied to improved immunity and anti-inflammation benefits. Plus, grass-fed beef packs about 50% more omega-3 fatty acids than standard beef (although the amount is still far lower than the total omega-3s found in fatty fish like salmon). Grass-fed beef is also less likely to contain “superbugs”—bacteria that have become resistant to three or more classes of antibiotics—so it’s considered superior from a food safety perspective as well.

Reactions: Scap
If I ate Steak 2-3 times a week, I would likely choose Grass-fed for the benefits Couger listed. Social Security being what it is. We eat Ground Beef once a week and Ribeye Steaks once, maybe twice, a month and only if On Sale. In my case, I order Steaks cut from the Chuck End of the ribeye, 1 1/2" thick, 16 to 18 ounces, and then the Fattier, the Better. Once all that meat and fat is heavily seared and seasoned, the Dogs give me dirty looks because other than a bite or two of Grizzle, the plate is clean!...JJ

I would look around at some of the meat markets, try Rudolph's down on Elm st.

Gary

While the reported health benefits of GFB have been chronicled, I prefer the taste of POB (plain old beef) and pocket the extra coin for beer and a bottle of One A Day Men’s Health.

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Where can you get good quality beef ?

Although I have never tried it, Certified Piedmontese Beef has a line of grass fed beef that is purportedly outstanding. It may be worth a look. Orders of $100 or more get free shipping and if you decide to pull the trigger, let me know. I have a discount code that will get you 25% off. As said, I've not tried the grass fed but have eaten a couple tons of their main line products and all have been of outstanding quality. Matter of fact, since discovering the CPB, I've not bought beef in a store since...and I have another huge order delivering today :emoji_wink:

Here is the link to their website

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky