Grass Fed -Or- Grain Fed?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Got Moo?

• Grass

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Grain

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

motocrash

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 25, 2017
Winchester,Va
No cheating!
upload_2019-2-15_19-31-36.png

I love them Corn Fed Mid Western Heifers.
The Steers are tasty too...JJ

I've never really paid attention to whether it's grass or grain fed. Just the price.

Chris

Reactions: phatbac
I prefer grain fed usually but the Aussie grass-fed beef tenderloins I get once a year is good too

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

I think grain fed tends to be sweeter, however, some of the best beef on the planet is grass fed (you just got to pay for it).....I think it is easier to get a great tasting grain fed cause "any" grass fed isn't always good. I have eaten lots of deer that tasted like a piece of sage brush, then my daughter drew a tag in an area were the deer were 100 grass fed and holy smokes those deer (she got 2) were just dang good. As a kid we always did grass and grain combo for our BA's and heavy on grain to finish.

pronghorn = moldy piece of sage brush marinated in "P... & S..." I think that is how they stay alive, nothing wants to try to chase them down for that taste LOL.

Sorry not even as sausage or stick form......

pronghorn = moldy piece of sage brush marinated in "P... & S..." I think that is how they stay alive, nothing wants to try to chase them down for that taste LOL.

Sorry not even as sausage or stick form......
Agreed,though it's simple...don't shoot'em.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky