1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Graduation Party

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by timh, May 4, 2018.

1. timh

timh Newbie

I am cooking pulled pork and pulled chicken(Sandwiches)and two sides for 50 people. How many pounds of pulled pork and chicken do I need? I did the math. Just trying to get some real numbers.

2. bdskelly

bdskelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Typically 1/3 pound per person is what I do. However, it a graduation party and if your going to have lots of younguns there you might go heavier. Those boys can eat! I assume you will do sides. Put those on the buffet line first.
    Now for the real question... How many chicken people and how many piggy people are in the group ? B

3. timh

timh Newbie

Thanks bdskelly for the info. It's mostly family members. I think more pork eating than chicken. I have 25 lbs+ pulled pork cooked and 16 lbs of pulled chicken cooked. That is shredded and weighed.

4. bdskelly

Sounds like you got it going on brother. Post a pic of the feast if you get the time! B

5. timh

timh Newbie

The party is not until June. I vacuum sealed all of it in 4lb and 1lb package until I get a definit head count. I can do 16 whole chickens or 8, 10lb Boston butts or 12 racks of ribs at one time in my smoker. Spent this whole last weekend(three days) doing the meat.

6. timh

timh Newbie

I will send some pictures in June.

7. bdskelly

June? I’ll be starving by then. ;)
    You’ve done well brother. Hope you folks have a great time! B

8. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Sounds like you got the food covered. If the party is anything like mine when I graduated high school many years ago. We filled up on liquid nourishment mostly and skipped the solids.

Remember the pics

Chris

SonnyE and bdskelly like this.
  9. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I think getting a jump on it is a great idea. Heat and eat.
    Who's bringing the beer?
    (I dunno about where you are, but it's hot here in June.)

10. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Here is a great calculator for figuring out the amount of food to buy for any amount of people.
    Al

Attached Files:

11. timh

timh Newbie

Thanks for the calculator AL