GR Scrambled Eggs w/Bacon Jam

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
The prep...
DD01064A-B720-4D4E-B7A8-924805FD14D8.jpeg

The bacon jam was made a couple days ago....it is from Gordon Ramsay’s Hells Kitchen cookbook, he shows how to do his eggs on YT....

3 eggs and a dab of butter in a sauce pan....
3552BC76-4A40-44AE-B2BD-AC189027AC0B.jpeg

Then put a coupe of shroom caps and some maters in a small fry classic olive and S&P.....(you don’t turn then just let them roll....)
5807A785-46D5-4C1B-9F7F-5E2BDA309797.jpeg

The eggs are constantly stirred on the off the mid heat with a silicon spatula
ED2B67BA-33D4-4200-9BFD-E0BFA623FFCF.jpeg

You mix it so it doesn’t “egg” up.....it’s almost like making hollandaise....

when they are firm enough to “roll” but not run you drop some greens, creme fraise and S&P.......
6302C06D-5EEE-4795-B4D9-56862E1E582E.jpeg

All mixed in and ready to plate....
967CB268-C99C-4DDB-B84F-37D3CCFD9C19.jpeg

The first layer is a toasted slice of sour....
A35FF1AD-0CBE-498B-9B2F-FD83EE225520.jpeg

Next a layer bacon jam......
F869E988-3DF3-4EE9-90B8-1494A2D386BA.jpeg

Onion, mustard seed, bacon....heated and spread over the toast.....YUM!
49F775EF-6104-4654-9720-16FF21F462E4.jpeg

Now the plate......eggs over toast, bookended with the seared maters and shrooms.....
132C35DC-D63A-4E27-8D8D-14EC8A694688.jpeg

This is pure eggs breakfast money!!
1CAAC02D-A822-4F35-8E76-B6B6D753C04C.jpeg

These are my absolute favorite egg dish!!!

Looks really good to me Civil, and it sure beats the leftover hamburger I just finished off.

Point for sure
Chris

Man, that looks fantastic! I made bacon jam last year and it was gone in no time, now I need more. That's one really nice cook, special. RAY

Holy cow! This is getting bookmarked. I want that!

Julia Child said about eggs, “if they’re done in the pan, they’re overdone on the plate.” Dry eggs are the worst. Those look incredible.

Last edited:
That looks so good! You make some fine food at your place! Thanks for sharing!!

LIKE!
Thanks yankee! “Just bacon and eggs” can be a plate full of smiles!
Looking mighty good.
Jim
Many thanks Jim!
Looks good bud . I was hungry , now I'm starving .
Thanks man! These eggs only take about 6 min in the pan so they are quick!
Looks really good to me Civil, and it sure beats the leftover hamburger I just finished off.

Point for sure
Chris
It’s a perfect bunch type meal on a lazy morning.....knocked off 2800 lbs of stone off the house afterwards.....

Phenomenal civil, we are huge GR fans!
Much appreciation waterin! I haven’t been shy about how much we have improved our home cooking watching and studying how GR cooks. The guy is pure genius with flavors!
Man, that looks fantastic! I made bacon jam last year and it was gone in no time, now I need more. That's one really nice cook, special. RAY
Thanks RAY! The bacon jam was from a GR burger recipe, but he also mentioned to try it on eggs! Its perfect for eggs! It would also be over the top good on a pork loin or pork tenderloin, just thinned up a bit to more of a sauce!
Holy cow! This is getting bookmarked. I want that!

Julia Child said about eggs, “if they’re done in the pan, they’re overdone on the plate.” Dry eggs are the worst. Those look incredible.
Many thanks Sven! Property cooked eggs are pure gold in my book! If you have seen the 100 foot journey (awesome movie!!), knowing how to cook eggs could change your life!

Oh and Julia had spunk!

Looks delicious for sure! I have yet to make bacon jam...need to try and get it closer to top of the list!

Ryan

Wow! Off the charts! I watched his YT episode after you recommended it and it was really informative, you executed it to a “T”. I’m going to go at it when I have time, pretty hectic lately. Beautiful plate, great work!

Looks good, but Ramsay and I have always had a disagreement as to when scrambled eggs are "done". If I wanted egg soup, that's what I would make.

• Haha
Reactions: Brokenhandle
Killer anytime meal there. The bacon jam is heavenly.
It seems that gmc2003 gmc2003 missed that the Creme Fraiche was made by tree tappin', teat tuggin' Vermonters. :emoji_laughing:

Dang Moto, your correct. I never even saw that. Now I have to look up what creme fraiche is. Thanks for pointing that out.

Chris

Reactions: motocrash
Looks delicious for sure! I have yet to make bacon jam...need to try and get it closer to top of the list!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan! I have one of those lists too!
Wow! Off the charts! I watched his YT episode after you recommended it and it was really informative, you executed it to a “T”. I’m going to go at it when I have time, pretty hectic lately. Beautiful plate, great work!
Many thanks! It’s a fun cook!
Killer anytime meal there. The bacon jam is heavenly.
It seems that gmc2003 gmc2003 missed that the Creme Fraiche was made by tree tappin', teat tuggin' Vermonters. :emoji_laughing:
Thanks Moto and 😂

Looks Great, Civil !!
Fry the onions first, and I'm in!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear and they would be really good with pre-seared onions for sure!
Hundred-Foot Journey is on my watchlist on Prime when I get home. Thanks. I love a good foodie movie.
Foodie movie it is! Hope you enjoy!
Looks good, but Ramsay and I have always had a disagreement as to when scrambled eggs are "done". If I wanted egg soup, that's what I would make.
Now that is an argument......please let me know when you tell him, cause I want to see him melt and start throwing eggs....lol
Dang Moto, your correct. I never even saw that. Now I have to look up what creme fraiche is. Thanks for pointing that out.

Chris
😂

WOW!! Most excellent breakfast. I'll take three please.....four if you have an extra one laying around :emoji_laughing: That looks outstanding right there.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky