Got Wood!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great Score!

Split it up and stack it loose, so air gets all around it.  I was told that Oak will "Air Dry" at a rate of 1/4"-1/2" per year, and I would assume Apple or Sugar Maple would be similar.  If you wanted to speed up the process, I bet you could cut up some small chunks, load them on a cookie sheet and into the oven for a few hours.  Worth a try....

Todd
I'll be doing that soon. So far, I've just been too lazy
icon_rolleyes.gif

Great Score!

Split it up and stack it loose, so air gets all around it.  I was told that Oak will "Air Dry" at a rate of 1/4"-1/2" per year, and I would assume Apple or Sugar Maple would be similar.  If you wanted to speed up the process, I bet you could cut up some small chunks, load them on a cookie sheet and into the oven for a few hours.  Worth a try....

Todd
icon_rolleyes.gif

That's not lazy!

Splitting & stacking always calls for serious prior contemplation!

Bear

I've always been interested a how sugar maple would work.  Obviously per the name it seems that it would smoke beautifully! 

Apple is one of my favorites, I use it often!

Congrats on the score my friend!

Great Score!

Todd
icon_rolleyes.gif

That's not lazy!

Splitting & stacking always calls for serious prior contemplation!

Bear
If done properly, does it involve the consumption of alcoholic beverages? 

Not the splitting, but the contemplation.

If done properly, does it involve the consumption of alcoholic beverages? 

Not the splitting, but the contemplation.
Absolutely!

The contemplation does!

But not the splitting and stacking!

Also, leave a wide space in time between the contemplation with consumption, and the splitting, to avoid any missing digits!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky