Got the week off so I decided to make some pork ribs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hawtsauc3

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 27, 2016
I hadn't smoked any food in a while so I decided to fire up the smoker. I am experimenting with a turkey breast on the lower rack, I don't expect that to turn out great, but threw on some Ribs for a nice backup plan. This is only the 3rd time that I'll be making spare ribs so hopefully they turn out decent. So far they looked good going on this morning despite it being FREEZING out.

Update: adding the final pics. the que turned out fantastic, including the turkey breast. Thanks to everyone on this forum who's helped me perfect ribs and learn to do the Turkey yesterday. I will say the one pic of the ribs makes it look a little dry, but once I let them sit in foil for 25 min before cutting they didnt seem to have an issue.

Attachments

• IMG-0145.JPG
    IMG-0145.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-0144.JPG
    IMG-0144.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-0150.JPG
    IMG-0150.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG-0151.JPG
    IMG-0151.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG-0148.JPG
    IMG-0148.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG-0147.JPG
    IMG-0147.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG-0149.JPG
    IMG-0149.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Great start hope you have a great finish. What's the sides?

Warren
Thanks. I actually haven't settled on any yet. depending how the food turns out some of it is going into the freezer for later, but I tend to stick to coleslaw and baked beans. One of these times I need to step it up and learn to make some home-made mac n cheese.

Thanks for the like hawtsauc3 it is appreciated.

Look up Gary S bake beans you can cook in smoker while doing the ribs. My family favorite when I'm smoking anything.

Warren

Reactions: hawtsauc3
Thanks for the like hawtsauc3 it is appreciated.

Look up Gary S bake beans you can cook in smoker while doing the ribs. My family favorite when I'm smoking anything.

Warren
Thanks for the tip. I’ll look it up

Updating the original posts with the final pics for those who are interested.

Some real good looking ribs! Nice bird too. Love me some smoked mac n cheese
Thanks! I was ecstatic the bird turned out. I've never tried that and usually expect attempt one to be edible but bad overall haha.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I'd eat either one of them all day long! Looks good!

Ryan

Nice looking ribs there with a good looking piece of turkey..

Did the turkey breast turn out juicy?
Thanks. The turkey wasn't as juicy as I'd have preferred but I was having difficulty getting it to the final temp. But its not too dry.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky