Got the ECB out of the garage and back in action!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

steellord

Original poster
May 25, 2014
Roseville, MI.
20180908_134848.jpg 20180908_134909.jpg
Well now that boating season in Michigan is slowing down. I decided to dig out the ECB and try smoking some chicken. I am not as prolific a smoker as most people here are so chicken will be a first for me. We'll see how they turn out.

Reactions: Rings Я Us
I bet they will turn out great,First time I tried to water ski was on lake Huron and I was about drowned and froze to death by the time I got up on them,late summer with 4'swells was tough lol

I bet they will turn out great,First time I tried to water ski was on lake Huron and I was about drowned and froze to death by the time I got up on them,late summer with 4'swells was tough lol
LOL I boat mainly on Lake St. Clair. Been on Lake Huron once so far. Took a trip to Lexington and stayed at the marina there for a weekend.

20180908_171219.jpg 20180908_171213.jpg The chicken turned out nice and juicy although the rub recipe had a bit too much spice for the wife and I. I used a recipe that I found on Pinterest. The author must have really liked heat as there was a note to the effect that you could have cut the amount of cayenne in half to reduce the heat. I should have heeded that note! LOL We also tried smoking some small potatoes they came out great!

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Actually the lid seal is tied on not glued on. So I get some venting around the lid for now. I saw that way of doing the lid seal on another site for ECB mods. Planning on getting a set of Weber replacement vents and adding one in the future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky