Got the ECB out of the garage and back in action!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

steellord

Original poster
May 25, 2014
Roseville, MI.
20180908_134848.jpg 20180908_134909.jpg
Well now that boating season in Michigan is slowing down. I decided to dig out the ECB and try smoking some chicken. I am not as prolific a smoker as most people here are so chicken will be a first for me. We'll see how they turn out.

Reactions: Rings Я Us
I bet they will turn out great,First time I tried to water ski was on lake Huron and I was about drowned and froze to death by the time I got up on them,late summer with 4'swells was tough lol

I bet they will turn out great,First time I tried to water ski was on lake Huron and I was about drowned and froze to death by the time I got up on them,late summer with 4'swells was tough lol
LOL I boat mainly on Lake St. Clair. Been on Lake Huron once so far. Took a trip to Lexington and stayed at the marina there for a weekend.

20180908_171219.jpg 20180908_171213.jpg The chicken turned out nice and juicy although the rub recipe had a bit too much spice for the wife and I. I used a recipe that I found on Pinterest. The author must have really liked heat as there was a note to the effect that you could have cut the amount of cayenne in half to reduce the heat. I should have heeded that note! LOL We also tried smoking some small potatoes they came out great!

Reactions: Rings Я Us
Actually the lid seal is tied on not glued on. So I get some venting around the lid for now. I saw that way of doing the lid seal on another site for ECB mods. Planning on getting a set of Weber replacement vents and adding one in the future.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky