Got some smoking wood finally

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Bought some wood off a buddy and he dropped it today. $70 for this seemed like a great deal to me. Half is cherry and already seasoned and half is green oak that will be used next year. All split down to smaller diameter to help control heat. Guy in the pic is measuring for the over hang I am
7BA9A15A-F631-4722-B53B-122F4591764B.jpeg
having added to our storage shed to cover wood.

Yea he actually delivered and helped unload it for $70 after splitting it all how I wanted it. I actually tipped him a pack of pastrami and pack of SNF Wagyu steak bites. Real good guy. I’ll be getting a huge load of apple and hickory from him later this year.

Reactions: Fueling Around
After all of the tree damage due to ice, I keep thinking about all of the good smoking wood being hauled away. That’s some nice looking wood.

Reactions: jcam222
Good job. I have also been accumulating wood. Scored a 1/4 cord of cherry, 1/4 cord of pair and 1/8 cord of freshly cut maple for next year. Found tree trimmers on craigslist. Will get some oak soon.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky