Got my rytek kutas sausage book

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

boykjo

Renowned Sausage Maker
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Apr 28, 2010
Raleigh,NC
People are using this book and saying it's the bible of sausage making with recipes. My curiosity got me and I ordered it. I got it last friday. Paid about $20 with shipping included. I'm only on chapter 4 and I have already learned a few things after making sausage for approx 20 yrs. I have a old stand up freezer in my spare room that I stopped using due to the high energy cost. I was going to sell it but after reading the smoking meat chapter I see I have another smoker build in my future.

df254f7e_HPIM0793.1.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you took the plunge and bought the Bible; you won't regret it.  You can't go wrong with a fridge(or freezer) conversion smoker for sausage either, for the extra capacity it offers. 

It is a good book, lots of good information and recipes...

icon_cool.gif

I also have Rytek book and it's a good read indeed. Now I do find myself referring back to it from time to time in my newly found love of sausage making. Now there are quite a few folks here that like to make sausage here too that I have gotten so really good recipes too. So keep on making sausage and next time don't forget the qview. 

another one to read is called Charcuterie it also has many recipes and step by step instructions .Pkerchef
In a lot of ways I like it better than the Rytek book. His photos are really helpful

I also read that book a while ago and feel like Rytek was a special person. I especially liked when he refereed to remembering the smells of Christmas as the sausage was smoking and the pine needles from the Christmas tree

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky