1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Got my KWS 6" slicer today

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by Holly2015, May 15, 2018.

1. Holly2015

Holly2015 Fire Starter

Tired of my old inexpensive slicer and after making some nice cured meats it was time to buy a decent slicer. After shopping around and determining I didn't want to house a 10" slicer the 6" KWS was a perfect fit.

So today it arrived. I unpacked it disassembled it and gave it a goods washing. Reassembled and went to work on 1-1/2 bresaola's. All in all it works light years better than my old slicer with a smooth sliding meat tray and cleaning is a 10 minute job.

I ended up with three (3) 4ounce packs of spicy bresaola and four (4) 6 ounce packs of traditional bresaola.

Attached Files:

• S1.jpg
      S1.jpg
      File size:
      50.1 KB
      Views:
    • S2.jpg
      S2.jpg
      File size:
      70.5 KB
      Views:
    • S4.jpg
      S4.jpg
      File size:
      50.7 KB
      Views:
    • S5.jpg
      S5.jpg
      File size:
      58.5 KB
      Views:
    73saint likes this.
  2. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

6" blade?? Looks like a good slicer. All metal. Meat looks fantastic.

3. Holly2015

Holly2015 Fire Starter

After reading lots about slicers the size 6", 10", 12" comes from the width of the food tray. The blade on my slicer is just about 7-3/4". This was also another reason for me going with a 6" slicer other than storage space is belly bacon would be about the longest meat I will cut. Since homemade bacon doesn't shrink like store bought I don't need to start with a 12" slice to end up with a 6" slice.

KWS slicers are made in Italy and are supposed to be of a higher quality than the alternate Chinese versions. FS1.jpg

4. Traeger.Rage.BBQ

Traeger.Rage.BBQ Meat Mopper ★ Lifetime Premier ★

This is the last piece of equipment my Bride and I have wanted as we assemble the kitchen Arsenal. That’s a ‘Fully Semi-Automatic Assault’ Slicer, right there! That size and setup looks ideal for what and how we would use one.

And the meat looks perfect. The spicy would be right up our alley.

Thanks for the share!!!

Pat

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  5. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That is a great looking slicer & the bresaola looks fantastic!

Al