Got my 32 qt pot

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
One important note that is never mentioned!!!!
You must remove your decals before the paint dries !!!!

Well. Everyone gave perfect instuctions about everything but the graphics. So I waited until the paint was dry and "F"ed up the paint job
Taking off the decal. So I sprayed over it ...
It will do til I strip it and repaint ..
Oh the best laid plans sometimes hits a snag....
Can't wait to season it!!!

I gotta give it a burn in run .. Maybe tomarrow
But Sunday I'm going with ribs. Got left over
Pulled pork in the freezer and SAMs only has like 12 lb briskets

Everybody should make one.. My whole build( if I wasn't given the smokey joe)
Would be $80.00 joe. $30. Pot 35 xtra grate 8.50$ ss hardware and 12 inch terra cotta plate 9.00$

Don't forget to make an ash deflector. Without side vents you're gonna need one. Even with side vents it makes a big difference in temp control.

Everybody should make one.. My whole build( if I wasn't given the smokey joe)
Would be $80.00 joe. $30. Pot 35 xtra grate 8.50$ ss hardware and 12 inch terra cotta plate 9.00$

Expanded steel for a charcoal basket? I know theres been some debate about the need for one but I'm a firm believer in a charcoal basket!

So I am giving the mini a burn in run. So I started a half chimney of charcoal it's been sitting at 300 plus for over 2 hours with vents just cracked. The top leaks a little at the rim
But this little sucker is hot. Is this normal?

So I am giving the mini a burn in run. So I started a half chimney of charcoal it's been sitting at 300 plus for over 2 hours with vents just cracked. The top leaks a little at the rim
But this little sucker is hot. Is this normal?
You lit way too much charcoal for a smoking burn.  I just light a few coals and let the fire grow to the area i want.

It will be hotter cause its new.

I never start a 1/2 chimney

as they said.. to many lit coals.. 10-15 coals and then only half lit (not red hot).... all vents wide open until it gets to about 20` before your target temp... then start closing down the intake vent... you will get the hang of it after a few runs... good luck ... the more runs you do the better it will seal up....

Three hours sitting at 265. If the mini is any indication of how well a big WSM works that's going to be my next purchase

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky