Got Her Out And Took Her For A Ride

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JckDanls 07

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 10, 2011
Tampa area, Florida.
The Tractor that is

IMG_1793.JPG

I was asked to cook for our neighbors Celebration Of Life for his wife... You know me... Of course I said yes...

I started at 0730 (at my house) by putting on 2 briskets (flats) and a rack of baby back ribs (another neighbor wanted these for later at home)...
Ribs were just SPOG.. Front brisket is with Jeff's Texas rub... The back one is with a buddy of mines rub (Dirty Dust)...

IMG_1791.JPG

And in they go

IMG_1792.JPG

At about 1100 I drove her on over to the neighbors house where the celebration was to take place...

IMG_1796.JPG

Another buddy brought his smoker and did 8 boston butts... He doesn't do a traditional smoke... He puts each one in an individual pan and covers with foil right from the get go... Cooks hot and done in about 3 hrs... SPOG, Lawrys, and a bag of Lipton's Onion soup (dry)...

IMG_1797.JPG

Right before I drove her over I put a Ham on to make my maple bourbon ham... Wrapped the briskets at about 2pm (165`)... They were done around 4-4:30... Into the cooler they went...

At the 2 hr mark I did a shuffle and took a pic

IMG_1795.JPG

Wrapped the briskets at about 2pm (165`)... They were done around 4-4:30... Into the cooler they went...
Started Slicing at about 5:30.... Here's where I'm going to get the ''Awwwww Mannn''... As most know I'm not big on taking pictures to begin with... Welp... I started with the ham and got a pic of it.. but... Once my hands got dirty I wasn't stopping to take more pics... So with that I'll say I'm sorry now...

IMG_1798.JPG

Welp.... She's back home in the tractor shed now awaiting another ride...

Thanks for looking...

Looks good glad you got her out for a spin

Looks fantastic Kieth. Really have always liked that tractor smoker. Reminds me of the old JD model A. The meal looks worthy for sure. Nice work.

Whenever the subject of smoker builds comes up among friends I try to find pictures of that one. Finally got it bookmarked. I joined about the time you were building it, if I remember correctly.....still love it, and glad you didn't paint it. There was debate at the time. Sorry it had to come out for a death, but glad she got some use.

Nice to smoke for the neighbor.
Sucks the other person doesn't smoke and just fast cooks. I hope the guests realize the difference.
I saw that smoker in action at the 2022 S FL Gathering. The paint is from the former life as a compressor tank.

From the title I thought you took the wife out for a ride on the golf car.

Thanks fellers for the comments and the likes ... greatly appreciated...

I try to find pictures of that one.

The build thread is in my signature below

From the title I thought you took the wife out for a ride on the golf car.

She's doing much better and gets out in the golf cart all the time now....
Thanks John...

Very cool! What is the farthest you have traveled with it? Great cook by the way!

Looks awesome! I, too, am sorry it was for such a somber occasion. Food always brings people together for remembrance and comfort.

Love that tractor cooker. And food looks great. Y'all gave the lady a great send off.

Jim

Thanks everybody for the comments and the likes... I really enjoy using it,,, It runs like a top... NEVER have to adjust intakes... Just throw a split in when needed...

What is the farthest you have traveled with it?

I can't actually drive it... I pull it with lawn mower or golf cart... Trailer it for anything further...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky