Got a new MES 40 ss w/ window

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stovebolt

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
 Daughter and Son-in-law bought me a new MES 40 for Christmas. Had a couple of small issues during set-up. Wire bracket that holds cooking racks had broken weld. Screws stripped on clip that holds grease pan. Nothing major. So on with the seasoning and then some cooking. I have been having issues with putting pictures in with the text today so this time I'm going to post no matter how it comes out. If it does as before it will put the pictures above my text and I can't get it to return. Here goes.

First a couple of chickens and then a 7 Lb butt that smoked for 11 hrs.

3a20eea8_Photo0533.jpg

It seems to be working now. So on to the butt.

29037711_Photo0537.jpg

This was early in the smoke. Since it's working now I'll try a finished pic.

dcc85ac2_100_0555.jpg

Looks good Stovebolt. What was that next to the Butt in the pan? I am still waiting for my MES 40 to arrive. Hoping it gets here in one piece.

Congrats on the new smoker and the first smoke 
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky