GOSM Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Monty for all your help and advice and I will follow up on it ...

You guys are what makes this forum rock!!!!
smile.gif

Do they actually have this somker at home depot or are they online only??

Some Home Depot Stores actually have them. My reccomendation has been and will be to order online.

And in Paul's circumstance his step daughter should order soon and hang on to it till he gets there.

HD orders only so many unts. And when they are gone they are gone.....usually by the first week of July/

Cheers!

I might consider getting a Big Block one. Already have a 16 x 16 charcoal model from Great Outdoors. Was wondering, how long with those 20 lb canistors last on average??

Hiya, Flash!

Under normal conditions, smoker about half full and the ambient air temp about 75 I get about 24 hours on a twenty pound tank maintaining about 225/230.

However, I have a pair of thirty pounders dedicated to the smoker. If you stay with the twenty pounder that is fine...but the best advice I can give is ALWAYS have a spare tank.

And your GOSM will not come with a tank provided. You must buy a tank. So, since you will be right at the tank store get two!

Cheers!

PS Did I mention keeping a spare?

BTW! A spare tank is a good idea!

Oops! Almost forgot! Keep a spare tank handy!

i have a hook up at Home Depot in Ontario...she works in the "special order" department.... she is the one you talk to on the phone/at the desk when you want that special tool, which means that she could probably order it for me for you.... i just need the model # you want and i can ask her..

once its in ontario, shipping will be free or nominal to any HD to the HD close to you... i gotta find out which one she works at...

edit:

after some looking i came up with this: if this is the one you want let me know and i will ask her if she can special order it for me and how much its going to cost
060197002317_3.jpg

Model 3605BGD

Fully welded heavy gauge steel cooking cabinet, Holds enough meat to "feed the whole gang", Cool grip front door locking handle, Wide stance leg pattern for stability, Porcelain coated water pan, Cast brass burner, Push button ignitor, Three (3) fully adjustable oven style grids.

• Four (4) Adjustable Oven Style Chrome Plated Cooking Grids• Three (3) Fully Adjustable Dampers for Best Cooking Performance• 18,000 BTU's• Cast Brass Burner• Push Button Igniter• Fully Welded Heavy Gauge Steel Cooking Cabinet• Full size Door Opening• Wide Stance Leg Pattern for Stability• Carrying Handles• Porcelain Coated Water Pan• Removable Heavy Gauge Steel Charcoal Pan
Internet/ Catalog Only
Internet/Catalog #100397858
Store In-Stock SKU # 450992
Store Special Order SKU # 450992

That's the one I'm looking for ... I asked at my local Home Depot and was told (just like Walmart) that they can't get anything from the states ...

Hope you can do better ... but I need to know soon as I have another plan in the works.

Thanks for yor help!

Oh! almost forgot, my brother wants one too!

Quite often here in Canada and I'm sure also in the states, many products are made by one manufacturer with brand names according to customer wishes ... I wouldn't be surprised if Centros and MES are one and the same.

Thanks for the info. I already have two 20 lb tanks, possibly three. I have a double burner propane camp set up that I use to fry all our saltwater fish we catch. I think we can get swaps around $16 at Wally World, maybe less for refills at other stores.
So with your time frame, maybe four 3-2-1 ribs and off to get a refill. Almost sounds like about the same amount of $$ spent if I get charcoal, pretty close atleast. Of course the less fuss and muss would make up for it.
Since our temps here would probably average in the 80's ambient, would that get us more or less time? I would think more ??

Hi, Flash!

I really would not count on four full 3-2-1 smokes. About 24 hours burn time is also dependant on your warm up, the ambient temperature and the wind velocity at the time. Plan on three, start the fourth and happy to see you have plenty of extra. Leave nothing to chance.

Happy smokin'!
and
Cheers!

Thanks again. Now to convence the wife.
icon_wink.gif

She really wants a gas GRILL, not so much another smoker. Since I have the R2D2 Brinkman and the Great Outdoor charcoal models, I might be hard put to get another one. We had some pork butts done on a Gas grill down in Stuart, Fl awhile back. Not to the pulled pork level, but they were very, very good. She was impressed. Not sure what grills to look at.

well i will check with her, it helps when it is an employee asking for a smoker for themselves...especially when she is the one that has final say if she can get it shipped..lol

ok just a quick update....will update again when i get more info

home depot hasnt got a problem with shipping stuff from the usa to canada if you talk to the right people... most of them time they wont ship across the border is because the vendor on this side wont ship it....

my friend is checking tomorrow with the seasonal department supervisor(who she commutes with..lol)... he is going to get me a list of all available smokers that can be shipped into canada...

she is also going to check different vendors herself and call up the vendor that deals with GOSM..

here is one that they sold last year that is very similar...
http://www.vermontcastings.com/catal...4GS_fnl_LR.pdf

582.jpg

Ever weird ... I didn't realize until I reversed from the pdf file that this model is available at two places in my town .... !!!!
As nice as they are ... at $750 + tax it is a bit much for me....but?

I am intrigued with the idea of this list though ...
icon_wink.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky