Goose Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Did 10 pounds of goose jerky too. As you know you loose half the weight when all said and done. These 2 pics i got just a tad over 5 3/4 lbs

5848082c_DSC00043.jpg

8849a5e4_DSC00037.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Thtas some good looking jerky there. I bet it will taste good too.

I just made three batches last weekend myself. Good stuff! What kind of seasoning or marinade did you use? Was that in the smoker or dehydrator?
That is 1.5 hours of smoke then dehydrated. My Cabelas 80L struggles in the garage to get to temp. This spring half the garage is going to be made into an insulated butcher/smoke shop.

Hey guys.  Just wondering if you could give me some pointers on what you cure or marinade your goose in.  We killed 33 geese in the last 2 days of the season.  Needless to say I have alot of meat.  I want to try to make some good jerky out of it.  Any pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks!

I use Uncle Bucks from bass pro for goose or sometimes I make up a concoction of stuff that tastes and smells good to me. I start with water, soysauce, worchestershire, garlic powder, and black pepper. Then I taste it and start doing the old " that could use a little X" routine, going through the spice rack and adding different stuff until it tastes just right. Not a good recipe, but it does turn out some yummy jerky.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky